With the school year beginning and the start of cold and flu season just around the corner, we want to take a moment to remind our patients and their families about our precautions. We are continuously reviewing our policies, so always make sure to read the posted information in the clinic when you arrive to make sure you are up to date!
As of 8/31/20, our current illness policy is as follows:
- If you have been exposed to someone with COVID in the last 14 days, contact our office before your child’s appointment for further instruction
- If you or your child have had coughing, shortness of breath, change in taste/smell, or other respiratory symptoms in the last 7 days, please contact our office before your child’s appointment for further instruction
- Do not enter the clinic if your child has had any of the following in the last 24 hours: fever above 99 degrees, vomiting, diarrhea, runny nose, sneezing, or sore throat
Some reminders of our current COVID related policies:
- Only 1 adult per patient may enter the building and must remain with the child in the treatment room, or remain in the car.
- Patients and families should wait in the car until your appointment time. Our lobby is closed until further notice
- All adults must wear masks. All children over the age of 2 years who are able to tolerate a mask also need to wear a mask.
- Upon entering the clinic, have your child wash his or her hands. Your child’s therapist will have them wash again at the end of each session.
- We will continue our current policy of sanitizing equipment between use and have suspended or restricted use of certain items that are difficult to clean.
We will continue to offer teletherapy sessions, as an alternative to in person sessions, for the foreseeable future. If you have questions about insurance coverage, contact our office.
We will continue to offer in-person sessions as long as it remains safe to do so. If this changes for any reason, we will contact families immediately with a plan.
We are hoping for a safe and healthy start to the school year!